Vehicle Supplier FAQs


Q: As a vehicle supplier, must I be incorporated?

A: No, it is not required for a vehicle supplier to be incorporated. However, you must have a current ABN and your own Public Liability Insurance that must remain current at all times..

You should speak to your accountant for professional advice about this matter.  Your accountant can advise you on the business structure appropriate to your circumstances and future plans.

If you need to set up a business, the Australian Business Register website is a good place to get information.

Subcontractors are engaged by Boxbay Pty Ltd, ABN: 96 100 450 299, which has an arrangement to provide vehicle supplier sub contractors to Z Transport Group Pty Ltd and other entities. Boxbay Pty Ltd is managed in Victoria by the office of Z Transport as Boxbay's Agent.  Workcover Insurance is held by Boxbay Pty Ltd.


Q: How are Vehicle Suppliers paid?

A: Vehicle suppliers are engaged and paid via Electronic Funds Transfer from Boxbay Pty Ltd into your bank account as cleared funds. You are provided with a Recipient Created Tax Invoice from Boxbay Pty Ltd setting out the work undertaken and reward received for jobs on a fortnightly basis.

Q: What is the payment cycle?

A: Boxbay Pty Ltd pays the vehicle Suppliers on a fortnightly payment cycle in arrears i.e. Fees for tasks completed in fortnight 1 are paid on the second Friday of fortnight 2 as cleared funds.


Q: What equipment do I need?

A: You will need to have:

  • a smartphone
  • safety vest (we can supply this)
  • steel cap boots or appropriate footwear
  • a trolley and a blanket
  • GPS or Google Maps
  • Where applicable gates, tarps, blankets & load constraints may be required

Upfront Costs

Q: What are the up front costs?

A: There are no upfront costs charged.

If you are not already set up as a business with an ABN, you should see your accountant to get professional advice on this matter.

Administration Fees

Q: What are the administration fees for and when do they start?

A: The administration fee starts after the vehicle supplier has passed the the first two pay cycles (ie 4 weeks) and it covers items such as:

  • the hire of two way communication equipment owned by Z Transport Group.
  • the mobile phone App installed and activated on your mobile phone that is Proprietary software through Z Transport Group       
  • the provision, installation and insurance of the equipment paid by Z Transport Group
  • any paperwork provisions supplied by Z Transport Group
  • stickering of our logo, brand identification livery and contact details, where applicable, paid by Z Transport Group
  • the recovery of dishonoured cheque payments for non-account jobs, if and when they arise.

Goods and Services Tax (GST)

Q: Should I register for GST?

A: If you are carrying on a business then you are entitled to an ABN. You may choose to register for GST if your annual turnover is less than $75,000. However, you must be registered for GST if your annual turnover is $75,000 or more.

Visit the Australian Business Register website for instructions on obtaining an ABN.  This website also has information about registering for GST, however you should also visit the Australian Taxation Office to get more information about this.

Australian Business Number (ABN)

Q: Do I need an ABN?

A: As you are operating as a subcontractor in your own name you must have a current ABN.

To find out more about these numbers, visit the Australian Business Register.

Payment Disputes

Q: What is the procedure if I don't think my payments are correct?

A: You must document the dispute details on the via email on a Job/Payment Dispute Form available from the Office  After you have written the details in the form you must either: deliver it to Boxbay Pty Ltd at 17 Laurens Street, North Melbourne or e-mail it as an attachment to for follow up.